L.A. Brown Volunteerism Award
In 2008 IOWPA presented our first “Volunteer of the Year” award to L.A. Brown. As the first recipient of this very special award, it is now aptly named the “L.A. Brown Volunteerism Award”.
Award Criteria: To be awarded annually to an individual with good standing in the industry who has given freely of his/her time for the strengthening of the onsite wastewater industry in Indiana. Nominations are voted on by the Awards Committee.
Past Award Recipients
IOWPA is fortunate to have the leadership and commitment of the following individuals. We thank them for their contribution and participation in elevating the level of professionalism for the Indiana onsite industry.
- 2019 – Julia Hayes, Indiana State Dept. of Health
- 2018 – Andrew McAfee, L.A. Brown Co.
- 2017 – Randy Staley, Staley’s Soil Services, Inc.
- 2016 – Don Crane, Crane Construction
- 2015 – Denise Wright, Indiana State Department of Health
- 2014 – Past Presidents Awards presented for the first time
- 2013 – Alice Quinn. Indiana State Department of Health and
Mike Remke, Remke Excavating (Deceased)
- 2012 – Scott Rexroth- Watermark
- 2011 – Mark Hacker, Hacker Plumbing & Drilling
- 2010 – Alan Dunn, Indiana State Department of Health
- 2009 – Dick Blazer, Blazer Farms
- 2008 – Don Jones, Retired, Purdue University
- 2007 – L.A. Brown, L. A. Brown Co.
Greg Inman presents Julia Hayes with the
2019 L.A. Brown Volunteerism Award.