The Indiana Onsite Wastewater Professionals Association (IOWPA) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt educational organization serving the Indiana onsite wastewater industry. Since 2001, IOWPA has strived to support Indiana’s onsite wastewater professionals through education, installer and inspector certification, and the promotion of best practices.
We are committed to protecting the public health and the environment of Indiana by improving and increasing access to wastewater treatment for individuals and communities currently living beyond centralized wastewater treatment facilities.
- Provide opportunities to collaborate with peers and state and local health departments.
- Elevate the level of professionalism of installers and inspectors through education and certification.
- Understand and communicate the impact of proposed regulations and protocols to the industry.
- Educate industry professionals and regulators with regard to onsite wastewater issues.
- Effectively communicate to members.
- Promote the onsite industry as a viable, long-term means of sewage disposal.