Ralph Reed Memorial ScholarshipApplication deadline: March 31
- Scholarships are awarded for $750 to help defray the cost of tuition, room, and board at an accredited institution of higher learning approved by the IOWPA Board of Directors.
- Up to (3) three scholarships may be awarded annually.
- Recipients may apply for the scholarship each year of schooling, though preference may be given to first-time applicants. Recipients applying again should include transcripts of previous year indicating coursework and a declared major in the water quality industry.
- Students must be pursuing education in a career that relates to the industry, both in four-year degree programs, two-year programs, and vocational/technical programs. Areas of study that will receive priority include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Environmental Science/Engineering
- Public Health
- Soil Science/Agronomy
- Water Quality Science
- Agricultural/Biological Engineering
- Excavation/Construction Technology
- Any student who is either a dependent of an IOWPA member or submits a recommendation from an IOWPA member will be eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Applications should be completed in their entirety and submitted no later than March 31 each year.
- Awards will be sent directly to the institution to be applied to the recipient’s account and will be disbursed prior to the fall semester.
- IOWPA does not discriminate or request information to make award decisions based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or age, in accordance with federal anti-discrimination laws and the statutes.
- Headshots are requested for use in the announcement of scholarship winners. By submitting a headshot, applicants agree to the use of their likeness in IOWPA communications including the IOWPA website, printed publications, and email communications.
- There are three ways to complete and submit an application:
- Complete the application online at iowpa.org
- Print and fill in a hard copy of the application and email along with required attachments to email@example.com
- Print and fill in a hard copy of the application and mail to the following address, postmarked by the deadline:
Indiana Onsite Wastewater Professionals Association
7915 S Emerson Ave, Suite 132
Indianapolis, IN 46237
Donations are tax deductible.
IOWPA is a 501(c)3 organization.
Thank you for your generosity.
In order to be eligible, applicants must complete the application form in its entirety and return it to IOWPA by the deadline —March 31. Application can be completed online or by mail.
About Ralph Reed
Ralph Reed was a dedicated professional in the wastewater industry and worked tirelessly to improve the IOWPA organization. He served as IOWPA’s president and vice president. Ralph was also a member of the Indiana Environmental Health Association (IEHA) and served as its president.
For 50 years Ralph was involved in the wastewater business as a designer and installer. In 1953 Ralph married his wife and business partner Shirley — a union which lasted 55 years. His business, Reed Excavating & Septic Services, Inc. is now owned and operated by his son, Ernie who joined the business in 1995.
The Ralph Reed Scholarship was created to assist students pursuing education in the water quality field and to honor the legacy of Mr. Reed.
- 2021 -Anna Mary Hampton, Brooklynn Williams
- 2020 – Conner Hack, Adriann Shepherd, Emma Stallings
- 2019 – Halee Bright, Aaron Hochstetler, and Ashley Johnson
- 2018 – Alexis DiBattiste, Nicholas Garcia, Marlee Stoner, and Michael Swango
- 2017 – Alli Daugherty, Tobias Smith, and Marlee Stoner
- 2016 – Marlee Stoner
- 2013 – Morgan Quinn
- 2012 – Mallory Harnish
- 2011 – Kyra Hardebeck and Joseph Craven
- 2010 – Joseph Craven
- 2009 – Abbey Hudson (1st scholarship winner)