How to earn the IOWPA Inspector Certificate
Register and pay for the application to complete the certificate program. Once your application is, complete all five parts of the training listed below. Parts 1-4 must be completed before sitting for the exam.
- Watch part one of the recorded training (4 hours)
- Watch part two of the recorded training (4 hours)
- Watch part three of the recorded training (4 hours)
- Complete one onsite training day; registrants should set aside a full day for this portion, though time may fluctuate a bit based on the systems being inspected, drive time between location, etc.
- August 29 – greater Indianapolis area TBD
- September 26 – greater LaPorte area TBD
- October 31 – greater Indianapolis area TBD
- Take and pass the inspector exam. Exams are scheduled two days after each onsite training day and will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a 2.5 hour time limit.
- August 31
- September 28
- November 2
- November 30
Upon registration, you’ll select your onsite training date. If you miss that training date, you can move to a later training date. If you miss the final training date, you’ll be required to wait until the following year to finish the certificate program. If the final training date is canceled or the date is moved due to inclement weather, IOWPA will work with the registrants to find a new time that works for their schedule in the current year.
- IOWPA Member First-time – $425 (one retake permitted for no additional fee; $150 for each retake thereafter)
- Nonmember – $650 (one retake permitted for no additional fee; $150 for each retake thereafter)
- Member renewal with 20 credits – $25
- Member renewal – retake exam – $225
- Nonmember renewal with 20 credits – $100
- Nonmember renewal – retake exam – $325