- Check the status of your membership by searching for yourself in our ‘find a professional‘ directory. Membership is not required to take an IOWPA exam, but the fees are lower and membership is recommended. If you aren’t current, but want to be, submit your membership application and payment here.
- To submit your application to sit for the exam, please complete the application form and payment. If you are taking the installer exam for the first time, complete this form. If you are taking the exam to renew a current or previous certificate, complete this form.
- IOWPA Member First-time Test Taker – $232.50
- Nonmember – $432.50
- IOWPA Member renewal by retaking the exam – $82.50
- Nonmember renewal by retaking the exam – $282.50
- Once you complete your application to sit for the exam and it’s approved, we’ll email you details on how to schedule your exam through Ivy Tech within two business days of your application. You can complete your application at any time.
- Testing locations include: Anderson, Batesville, Bloomington, Columbus, Elkhart County, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Gary, Indianapolis (Downtown), Indianapolis (Lawrence), Kokomo, Lafayette, Lawrenceburg, Logansport, Madison, Marion, Muncie, Plainfield, Richmond, Sellersburg, South Bend, Terre Haute, Valparaiso, and Warsaw.
- The instructions you receive will walk you through registering for an exam at your selected Ivy Tech branch. The testing fees due to Ivy Tech are $67.50 for parts A, B, and C or $45.00 for just one or two parts of the exam.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE EXAM
- There are three parts to the exam; Passing Part A is required to be recognized on Parts B and C
- You may sit for all portions on the same day or just a single portion
- Part A is 100 questions, Part B and C are each 40 questions
- There’s a 2-hour time limit for Part A, a 1-hour time limit for Part B, and a 1-hour time limit for Part C
- The exam is open-rule meaning you may bring a printed copy of the State’s 410 Rule along with any handwritten notes plus a calculator.
- Test results will be available within one week of your testing date.
Please note that the exams offered do not include live, in-person training in conjunction with the exam. We encourage you to watch our recorded training videos that were hosted on the Zoom platform and instructed by Alice Quinn from IDOH in the spring of 2021 – the links can be found in the ‘study materials’ section at the bottom of this page.
INSTALLER PROGRAM FEE SCHEDULE
Exams are $67.50 for all three parts of the exam or $45.00 for just one or two parts plus the following application fees:
- IOWPA Member First-time Test Taker – $232.50 application fee (one retake permitted for no additional fee; $150 for each retake thereafter)
- Nonmember – $432.50 application fee (one retake permitted for no additional fee; $150 for each retake thereafter)
- Member renewal by retaking the exam – $150 (this is for those not earning 20 CEUs)
- Nonmember renewal by retaking the exam – $350 (this is for those not earning 20 CEUs)
If you have completed all the required CEUs needed to renew your certificate, the fees are as follows:
- Member renewal with 20 credits – $25
- Nonmember renewal with 20 credits – $100